Monday, February 12, 2007

Visit me at Ian and Emily

I've posted over here today, which means it's now Ian's turn to post, if he can drag himself away from that great first shelf of books he has in his office.

And Stuart Little in a nutshell: this was a wonderful read as an adult. Stuart's character was so charming and so human, and I love the way the ending was left open. However, I can see why it never held my interest as a child. I was an odd child who was completely willing to suspend all disbelief for some things: a talking phoenix wrapped up in a magic carpet, say, or a tollbooth arriving with a little car that could transport a boy to a different world, or a pig detective. A mouse born to human parents who could actually talk to all the humans in his life, though? Forget it.

No comments: