Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What's in a Name

And today's meme is all about names. I first ran across this one over at The Paperback Stash, when I was cruising around, reading blogs, and procrastinating packing. I see many others have done it during my time away.

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current street name)

Just was: Peppermint Homer Clark, which sounds like some hapless cartoon character not a rock star, unless it’s one of those “pretending-to-be-dweeby” type rock stars.

Now is: Peppermint Lincoln, which means I must be one of those androgynous-type rock stars.


2. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your middle name)

Emic, both vowels are long. Otherwise I’d sound like some sort of disease whose first three syllables have been forgotten.

3. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)

Green Panda, as in “Watch out for the Green Panda,” which is what I was called in grade school, because I wore a fake-fur green coat that I LOVED, also LOVED pandas, and played a wicked game of “Four Square,” a game for which all good players in my class had to have a nickname. It was also the only athletic endeavor (if you can call it that) at which I ever excelled.

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)

Michie Winston-Salem. No one knows how to pronounce my first name, and I’m always pouting (with my luscious red lips) about that.

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom’s maiden)

Biremha. I must be the wise witch who lives in a tree trunk.

6. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The”, your favorite color, favorite drink)

The Green Martini. I can turn myself into an olive and roll into crevices where no one can get me.

7. NASCAR NAME: (the first name of your grandfathers)

Robert (Shadow) A. My grandfather on my father’s side, just as my father has done, only ever used his first initial, and my grandfather on my mother’s side was nicknamed “Shadow.” What can I say? I come from a very long line of weird Southerners and Englishmen with even weirder names. Maybe I pretend to be a NASCAR driver and am really a spy, because isn’t it a much cooler spy name?

8. FUTURISTIC NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne and the name of your favorite kind of shoes)

Barefoot Chanel. How could someone who loves shoes as much as I do have a favorite kind of shoe? And I don’t really have a favorite perfume, either, but I’ve been known to wear Chanel and have a friend whose extremely cool girlfriend is named Chanel, and I’ve always thought it was a great name.

9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother & father’s middle name)

My mother had two middle names, so I guess that makes me Anne Forsyth Hewson. I think I’ll go into hiding just so this lovely name can be mine.

Tagging: you, if you'd like to give it a whirl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your superhero name! And your comment on it made me giggle :)

Rebecca H. said...

The Green Panda and the Green Martini -- I like those!

Heather said...

This one is so funny! I think I might do this one!

Anonymous said...

You're back, you're back, you're back - hurrah. of course, i seem a bit behind - there are like 3 posts from you already. I'm off to catch up. Welcome "home" - in all ways.

Emily Barton said...

Stef, I was thinking I could also get people falling down drunk, so they can't get away.

Dorr, funny how they ask for favorite color twice, isn't it?

Ms. Blossom, please do. I'd love to see your answers.

Court, thanks! It's great to be back.