Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Monday

"You look like that girl in Sixpence None the Richer."

Someone once said that to me. Seriously. I should have bowed down at his feet, but I had no idea what she looked like at the time, so I just took it for granted that the poor woman must be a fairly plain person. Well, along came YouTube, and, one day, I was spending some time cruising through it, looking for videos of a lot of my favorite songs. That's when I discovered what "that girl in Sixpence None the Richer" looks like.

I can assure you, I don't look anything like her. Even when my hair was short, I didn't look anything like her. About the only thing she and I have in common is a complexion that could make a ghost turn green with envy. Oh yeah, and blond hair. Other than that, you will just have to take my word for it that she is striking, and I am not. Still, how wonderful that someone once thought I resembled her. Now I can watch this video of one of my favorite songs and pretend someone might once have actually mistaken me for a pop star.

When he said that, all those years ago, though, after bowing down at his feet, I should have said, "Kiss me."


No comments: