Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ghosts and Vacation

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Acadia National Park. Because of this, I will not be taking my laptop with me. I want just to relax, read, write (have a lovely new notebook and pens to take out on the trail with me) and don't need my laptop sitting around sulking because I'm neglecting it, luring me into Email Land and work. Thus, you won't be hearing from me for a while.

Before I leave, though, I thought I'd let those of you who might be interested I've decided, since I'm a marvelous maverick, that instead of taking on a novel in November, as I know everyone is supposed to be doing, I'm taking on a ghost story (or who knows? maybe two or three) in October. I'll be doing so over here . If you're into that sort of thing, please come join me and give me your feedback.

And things to look forward to here, if you're not into things that go bump in the night, when I get back:

AC expressed an interest in hearing how Anna Karenina played a role in Bob's and my meeting, which doesn't require any arm-twisting to get me to relate, so look for a post on that.

And I can't stop thinking about Mandarine's idea to create my own online psych test, so I'll be devising something while I'm away to post when I get back.

Have a good next ten days, all.

10 comments:

Feminine Feminist said...

I miss you already! I really can't wait to see you in December... let's start talking specific dates when you get back from holiday. Hope it's a wonderful wonderful break filled with good food, good conversation, books and REST. You deserve it. Love to you, Fem Femme

Emily Barton said...

Fem Femme, We CAN"T WAIT to see you, either! Your description of your hopes for our vacation is exactly what we're planning (well, and lots of pets and good trails for sniffing for Lady, too).

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, Emily! I was excited to see the link to your other blog (or whatever you're going to call it). I already bookmarked it and will check back. What fun, and how great that you have all these creative outlets, you inspire me!

Emily Barton said...

Well, Danny, you know I still have you to thank for being one of the people who encouraged me to blog. I'll certainly miss your blog while I'm away, but it will be fun to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Both you and litlove? Really?
Have a wonderful vacation, traveling mercies. And I will avidly follow your short story!
Courtney

Rebecca H. said...

Have a wonderful time!

BikeProf said...

I'm with Courtney--you and Litlove gone at the same time. What are we to do? Acadia sounds like great fun--I haven't been there yet, but I'm dying to go.

Anonymous said...

I love Ghost Stories! Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your return. Ten days? Hope you're having a lovely time.

Emily Barton said...

Thanks, everyone. It didn't seem like I was gone long at all to me, although I did miss blogging and thought about all of you at different times for different reasons. Now, I get to go "catch up" with all of you (and, of course, start posting again. Lots of new stuff to talk about. It's amazing how much writing one can do in one's head while hiking).