Okay, so first Charlotte (to whom, thank you, for giving me an automatic NaBloPoMo subject) gave me this award. Then I got it again from Zoe's Mom. And I think the most recent one to give it to me was Sarawithnoh. That's an awful lot of love I'm getting, and I'm very flattered that I'm not the only one who loves this little blog that, for over two years now, has helped me keep my sanity. And now, my obligation, since I've received this award, is to make sure others out there are aware that we love their blogs, too. I'm going to try to include those I don't think have yet received the award, because with Charlotte, ZM, Becky, and Sarawithnoh all having done this already, many of the blogs I love have already been covered.
Here are the rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).
3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
1. Danny from Jew Eat Yet -- I've told you all this before, but it's worth saying again. If you read my blog, you have Danny to thank. He's a former co-worker of mine, and he was one of the people who encouraged me to start a blog. His blog is fabulous. Check it out.
2. Ian's Blog -- he's been static for a while now, thanks to the demands of grad school, but his posts are always, always worth reading (not that I'm biased, being his sister, or anything).
3. Quinn of The QC Report -- because there are many, many days when I feel like posting on my own blog, "Don't bother with me today. Go straight to Quinn, do not pass 'Go,' do not collect $200, if you're in the mood to fall out of your chair laughing." (Yes, I actually have fallen out of my chair laughing while reading her). Look for me in line at Border's the second her book hits the stores (next month, I think).
4. Mandarine -- if you've ever wondered if there are kind, thoughtful, funny, sane geniuses in this world, visit Mandarine and question no longer.
5. Stefanie at So Many Books -- I've finally met my match when it comes to someone who reads all over the map. And I love to hear what she thinks about all she reads. And I also like to hear of her adventures in library school. And basically, anything else she cares to share. I just love her.
6. Nigel at Hand Made Luck -- I'm so jealous of his ability to be so succinct and so right-on-the-mark all the time. However, my jealousy doesn't keep me from loving him.
7. Ms. Knits at She Knits By the Seashore -- she is such an inspiration as I slug my way through learning to knit. One day, I might be able to do what she does, which is to create real beauty with her knitting needles. I also have the added bonus of knowing her in real life.
Do I have to stop at 7? I don't want to, so I'm going to give you two more:
Pete of Couch Trip for his extraordinarily interesting perspective on so, so many things. And, of course, he is another book-lover.
Susan of You Can Never Have Too Many Books -- first of all, because she's so right. You can never have too many books, but she's also got a fabulous sense of humor about it all, and she and I seem to have quite a lot in common (which always helps if you're going to love someone).
Okay, that's it. I'd mention my sisters' blogs, too, but they never seem to post. They'll show up one day when they start posting more frequently. All those of you who have now received this award from me are honor-bound to pass it on to others.