One of these days, we'll get back to music on Mondays. For now, it's another meme I got from my niece stolen from Facebook (no you are not experiencing déjà vu. The fact that I skip Music Mondays in favor of memes I get from my nieces is merely one of life's repeating patterns).
..25 firsts...Share (Those directions sound suspiciously like my niece. Those ellipses suggest more, like tag 25 friends or something, but I like these the way they are.)
1. Who was your FIRST prom date? As if I had even one prom date, let alone so many that there was some sort of first.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? First unrequited love? No. First requited love? Well, we've "chatted" via Facebook, if you consider that "talking."
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink? Shandy (if that counts)
4. What was your FIRST job? Other than babysitting or bargaining with my mother for the worth of certain tasks around the house or getting her to agree to let me do all the grocery shopping and whatever money I saved from what she expected to spend, I got to keep? Those were all "jobs" I did until I finally reached the magical age of 16, which in NC meant I could get my worker's permit, and I went to work as a cashier at a now defunct grocery store called Food Fair (incidentally, that's where I met that first requited love).
5. What was your FIRST car? A Nisssan Sentra, which one of my brother's friends wrecked just before my parents gave it to me.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? No one I know would dream of texting me unless they don't know me very well. I haven't received a text since I quit working.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? Myself, wondering why the hell I don't ever seem to be able to sleep past 5:30 a.m. when I don't have to get up and seem to want to sleep till 9:00 when I do.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? Mr. Rullman (or Herr Rullman as my siblings and I like to refer to him)
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? England
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? Gena, and no, we don't still talk.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? At Gena's (we were in kindergarten)
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? Bob
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? My sister Forsyth's, which seemed to set a precedent, because I then went on to be in six more (including my own). That's a lot of dresses I paid for that I only wore once.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? After wondering about my 5:30 wake up time, you mean? I lay around in bed till 6:00 and then got up.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? Jethro Tull in 8th grade, and I still think it's really cool that that was my first and not something like Sean Cassidy. Even cooler? My sister and I were escorted not by my parents but by one of my father's students, who happened to be a German exchange student (sometimes it really paid to have a father who was a professor).
16. FIRST tattoo? None. I look back at clothes I wore when I was 20 (or even 30) and cringe. I can't imagine having to have constant reminders of some fashion trend, and what idiotic thing my younger self might have chosen, for my entire life. (Besides, I hate needles and pain.)
17. First piercing? Ears (and only)
18. First foreign country you've been to? England
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? Lady and the Tramp
20. When was your FIRST detention? We book worms didn't tend to get detention.
21. What was the first state you lived in? (Don't you love the way these FB memes always assume everyone is an American?) North Carolina
22. Who was your FIRST roommate? Other than my sisters, it was Tina.
23. If you had one wish, what would it be? To have more wishes, of course. Can't decide how many, though.
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? XML coding or maybe Latin (and there you have a fine example of the two wars that go on inside my head all the time: practicality v. romanticism).
25. Who do you think will be the next person to post this? That's a good question. Someone surprise me.