- Social and environmental responsibility is at the core of their business.
- They believe that education and access to books are basic human rights.
- The books they sell help fund high-impact literacy projects in the United States.
- So far, the company has converted more than 25 million donated books into $6.5 million in funding for literacy and education.
- Every order is shipped carbon neutral.
- Oh, and in The United States, all the books you order are shipped free (take that, Amazon!). They're shipped for a mere $3.97 if you live elsewhere. Not only do you get to support good causes, but you benefit financially as well.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Sorry, but I had to interrupt "Quest for the Perfect Husband" to bring you this special announcement. Are you tired of giving your hard-earned dollars to the Big Book Guy (a.k.a. Amazon.com)? Do you wish you could buy your books from a more responsible online bookstore? Then check out BetterWorld Books, an awesome company that I have just discovered. Finally, a place for responsible shopping for all us book-lovers. You can visit their web site and find out for yourself, but here's a quick list of a few great things about them: