Friday, May 26, 2006

Speaking Too Soon

I have a bad habit of speaking too soon. Take yesterday's (which I did post yesterday -- Thursday -- despite the fact the post says I did so on Wednesday) post for example, when I claimed telecommuting may be a cure for insomnia. My punishment for making such a pronouncement is that I got about three hours of sleep last night. It's now 8:15 p.m., and I can barely keep my eyes open. This is maybe a blessing for anyone reading this, because it will be mercifully short. I've realized, though, that this means I've probably spoken too soon about most of the things I've posted in here over the past week. It also means this particular post is likely to be chock full of typos and other errors, that I'll be forever correcting, even if it is the shortest one so far.

I thought about making predictions about other things I might end up regretting having said, but I think it will be more fun to just sit back and see which ones happen. It might make what I have to say down the road far more interesting.

No comments: