Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Ghost Showed Up

Happy Halloween! Just in time for the occasion, a ghost finally made an appearance over here. And I posted the whole thing in its entirety for anyone who wants to read it straight through. While doing so, I corrected about two dozen spelling and grammatical errors that would have driven me crazy if I'd read something written by someone else that had them. I'm sure there are probably about two dozen more. I don't have a proofreading assistant, so I'll just apologize in advance for the pain it might cause you to read it.

Most importantly, though: I'm done! (Well, with this draft, anyway.) Yea!

7 comments:

Rebecca H. said...

Congratulations on the draft!!!

Anonymous said...

Indeed. I liked it a lot.

Yet, the elliptical epilogue was a little confusing to me. It reminds me of when I read Steinbeck's 'The Pearl': I had to read the last paragraphs several times, and I am still not sure I have correctly understood everything.

I will give it another try today though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm printing it out for the weekend. I'll email you or post here once I'm done!

Anonymous said...

I have read it again. I think I get it now (no spoilers here).

It reminds me of Maupassant's fantastic short stories: short, with characters, disturbing, with elliptical endings you never exactly know what to believe about.

litlove said...

Congratulations! I'm following Courtney's lead and will read it on the weekend!

Emily Barton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Barton said...

Mandarine, first Steinbeck and now Maupassant. I think I'd better stop while I'm ahead!

And thanks, Litlove, Dorr and Court.