Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh What the Hell

How about one more meme before I move on to other things? As I noted over at Courtney’s , which is where I saw this meme most recently, what Emily really needs is a new name. It seems, judging from most of the hits, thousands of Emilys have already done this one (and how depressing to discover how many others with my name are blogging). Anyway, here are some of the things I managed to tease out that weren’t associated with this meme. For those of you who don’t know the rules, it’s simple. Just go to Google and search for “[your name] needs…”

Emily needs to give Tim food in Social Studies today
Hmmm…is Tim related to my former boss who was always asking me what food I’d brought him?

Emily needs to get her Tortillas
Well, absolutely. And they’d better come with a margarita. In fact, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t really need the tortillas after all. Let’s skip them and get right to the margarita.

Emily needs a new computer
That’s a lie. She just got a new one from the office that’s taken forever to whip into shape. She certainly doesn’t want to have to go through that again.

Emily needs a home
Another lie. What she needs is someone to rent her home before it’s time to move into the new one.

Emily needs your prayers
Yawn. So what’s new?

Emily needs help deciding how to cut her hair
Long, unmanageable, and limp or short, unmanageable, and limp?

Emily needs aesthetics to shield herself
I think she’s losing her English language skills as this makes absolutely no sense to her.

Emily needs to be told, “No, there are certain things that just are not allowed.”
Oh yeah, like what?

Emily needs four infusions now
Hurry up. I’m bleeding all over the place.

Emily’s vet bill is huge, and she may need additional surgeries on her eyes and jaws
I can’t believe it! Who’s blown my cover out there and let everyone know I’m actually a crocodile?

Emily needs to know the truth, and you need help in dealing with this.
All right, everyone, come clean. I’m waiting. You can stop by and spill the beans on your way to the therapist.

I'm tagging you, Hobgoblin, because I'm dying to know what comes up when you type in "Hobgoblin needs." And I'm not going to cheat and look beforehand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry about the vet bills and the possible upcoming surgeries. Maybe that's why you need all those prayers :)

Anne Camille said...

I laughed. And I love it that the preacher's wife writes blog posts titled "what the hell". I left you a note on my blog about the Hungarian Pastry Shop. Maybe next trip :(

Anonymous said...

Aren't these amusing memes? I must try it, although I suspect that the answer will be Litlove needs nothing. Still, to not be needy for the first time in my life would be quite something.

Emily Barton said...

Stef, I'm not quite sure why I haven't been put down yet. Must be all the prayers.

Cam, let's I hope people from our new congregation appreciate such things as well.

Litlove, my guess is Litlove needs lots and lots of pampering and TLC and a lovely, long holiday of nothing but reading.