Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Missing You All

I just thought I'd take a brief moment to let all of you know how much I'm missing you. Every once in a while, I log onto Google reader to see what's going on and torture myself by "sort of visiting" at least one or two of you. By "sort of visiting," I mean read one post, when I discover you've posted, oh 28 or so, since the last time I checked.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I can't wait for the second week in October, when I will be living in Pennsylvania, searching through unpacked boxes for that [fill in the blank here] I just have to have right now, and getting back to my normal reading and blogging schedule. Of course, wouldn't you know it? No sooner do I move than I'm on the road quite a bit again for work. So, what I'm really looking forward to is November (or maybe, better yet, January, when the Christmas season is over). Meanwhile, could everyone just slow down a little in your blogging schedules, so I won't feel like I'm the only one not at the party (because, you know, it's not enough that I have a blog that's all about me, all of your blogging lives should all be about me as well)?

8 comments:

mandarine said...

We are missing you too.

I have been tempted to slow down, with roughly half my readership incapacitated one way or another (litlove in bed, you in boxes, bloglily at work), but it would not be fair to the other half.

Maybe I'll write a monthly or quarterly digest so that you get a summary of previous episodes when you can finally resume you reading habits.

Anonymous said...

We miss you, too! I'm on a very regular schedule right now and I'm having trouble keeping up with all the blogging happening right now so I sort of know how you feel. Don't worry though - we'll all be here when you return and ready to catch you up on every little thing!

Rebecca H. said...

Although I'm truly sorry you'll be leaving CT, I'm looking forward to you being settled too so your life can get a bit quiet and you can blog again!

Emily Barton said...

Mandarine, a quarterly digest would be great (although I think it's going to be fun to go back and read everyone's blog straight through, one at a time, once I finally have the time).

Court, glad to hear you won't all forget about me and abandon me while I'm away.

Dorr, yes, being settled will be wonderful! But, oh, is leaving CT getting sadder and sadder. I'm sure once I leave, though, I won't be so melancholy about it all, because PA is just so, so nice.

Anonymous said...

How exciting and scary to be on the precipice of such a major life change! Good luck with all the shlepping and can't wait until you're back online in a regular way.

Heather said...

LOL Glad you're still out there!!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you too! We miss your energy, fantasy and kindness. I just read the account of your husband's ordination on Dorothy's blog and I send you both my heartfelt congratulations!

Emily Barton said...

Danny, "exciting" and "scary:" two words that are coming out of my mouth with great frequency these days, along with "daunting," "ohmigod!" and "exhausted."

Ms. Blossom, Ahhh! I'm still making you laugh. What a comfort that is. When this is all over, may I come up to Toronto and drink tea with you?

Smithereens, thank you. It was a beautiful ceremony in the midst of all this chaos, and I was so touched by all those who were in attendance.