Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Topic for a Sunday, I Suppose


And now I guess I ought to go read some Moltmann to see if it's really true, since I've never heard of the guy. I was hoping for Dietrich Bonhoeffer, but I'm not heroic enough, I suppose. I'm happy to see I'm in company with Paul Tillich, and phew! that I don't have much Jonathan Edwards in me (I wonder what it is that we do have in common?).



Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Jürgen Moltmann

The problem of evil is central to your thought, and only a crucified God can show that God is not indifferent to human suffering. Christian discipleship means identifying with suffering but also anticipating the new creation of all things that God will bring about.


Jürgen Moltmann


87%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


60%

Paul Tillich


60%

John Calvin


60%

Anselm


53%

Augustine


53%

Charles Finney


47%

Karl Barth


33%

Martin Luther


27%

Jonathan Edwards


20%


3 comments:

Rebecca H. said...

I'm Paul Tillich! Cool. I'll have to read him.

Anne Camille said...

My scores came out with Moltmann on top, and we scored the same for Barth. I'm not sure that I even understood the implications of some of those questions though -- open for broad interpretation. I've never heard of Moltmann, but I don't read a lot of theologians. Did your resident theologian Bob agree with how this quiz rated you?

Emily Barton said...

Dorr, interesting results, huh? I'm with those who commented on your post, though, that some of the questions were worded in such a way that they were hard to answer.

Cam, don't know what the resident theologian thinks, as I logged off, went to tell him about it, and promptly forgot Moltmann's name. However, I think he would agree that I have a lot in common with Barth (probably more than the quiz shows).